Join the future of the Star Trek Universe in this sci-fi MMORPG exploring the popular worlds from the Star Trek TV shows and movies.Official Website
Join Starfleet, the Klingon Empire or the Romulan Republic to explore and adventure in the 25th Century. Visit iconic locations from the TV shows and movies, and fly the starships of the past, present and future. Interact with some of your favorite Star Trek characters, as voiced by the original actors, like Michael Dorn as Worf, Jeri Ryan as Seven of Nine, Walter Koenig as Chekov, and over a dozen more actors from all eras.
BE YOUR OWN CAPTAIN
Star Trek Online puts you in the captain’s chair of your own adventure through more than 125 episodic missions as you discover new species, make new friends, and defend the ideals of the Federation.
- Star Trek Online is a sci-fi MMORPG with a full universe featuring stories from the popular television shows and movies. Seek out strange new worlds and encounter a variety of alien species in one of the few games based on the iconic Star Trek franchise.
- Explore the galaxy, visiting all 4 quadrants including 100+ unique Star Trek locations. Interact with characters from the TV show, complete with voice overs by the actual actors/actresses.
- Create a Captain and lead a team for combat and exploration on the ground and also command a starship in space.
- As a Captain, build your avatar, bridge crew, and starships for a completely personalized Star Trek experience.
- Experience consistently updated content that introduces new locations and iconic characters straight from the Star Trek universe.
In Star Trek Online, each player acts as the captain of their own ship. Players are able to play as a starship, controlling the ship’s engineering, tactical, and science systems by keyboard/mouse or using an on-screen console. Players can also “beam down” and move around as a player character in various settings with access to weapons and specific support and combat skills relating to their own characters’ classes. The two combat systems are intertwined throughout the game: away-team missions feature fast-paced “run-and-gun” combat, while space combat stresses the long-term tactical aspect of combat between capital ships. Both are offered in concert with the Star Trek story-line and emphasize ship positioning to efficiently utilize shields during space combat, as well as the player’s away team’s positioning in consideration of flanking damage and finding various weaknesses to exploit during ground combat.
Other aspects of the game include crafting; which in its current form involves using duty-officers (junior crew members) to make items, depending on the level of the school (category- such as science, beams, etc) chosen. To raise the level of the school being researched, it is necessary to perform a research project using a crafting material. Unlike in some other MMO’s. Crafting is a “set-and-forget” procedure. The player will set up the project, click a button and after a specified time the task will be completed, rather than spending time actually performing the crafting.
Duty Officers can also be sent on assignments which also follow the set and forget methoodology, and are not available during the time the assignments are in progress.
Characters of level 52 and higher can send any ships they have, or have had on admiralty missions, similar to duty officer assignments, but these do not use duty officers to perform them. Again, the mission is selected and a certain amount of specified time passes until the player is told it is complete, at which time they will be informed whether it was successful.